Mark your calendar and plan to join us on Saturday, April 8th, for our annual auction! This event is open to the public; so, whether you are a CCS parent or a friend of Cornerstone...however you are connected to our CCS community...we hope that you can join us!
As we celebrate our 35th birthday as a school, we are headed back to the decade in which CCS was founded...1981! Our elementary building will be transformed with our Totally Awesome 80’s decorations, scavenger hunt, and fun entertainment options—80’s attire is optional (but encouraged to help create a fun time for everyone!
In addition to fun, fellowship and food, you will also have a chance to bid on some great items in our live and silent auctions!
There are MANY ways that you can get involved and help make this fundraiser a success!
1. Buy a ticket and plan to shop! Come and show your support as you purchase great items, certificates, and more! Tickets will be available beginning in February.
2. Sell tickets! Start inviting friends and family members to join you and to support your school!
3. Serve on the decorating team! We are looking for volunteers (or groups of volunteers) to decorate portions of our event space. Are you ready to create a “Cabbage Patch?” Are you all about the “neon?” Do you have other ideas for 80s-inspired decorations? We need your help!
4. Solicit donations. We are in need of adults who are willing to reach out to businesses that have given in the past to ask them if they are willing to donate once again. We have pre-printed letters and receipts ready for you in the office! Each family is also asked to find one new donation as well (see article below).
5. Bake items for the bakery. We will once again be accepting specialty baked goods for our silent auction as well as bags/boxes of cookies for individual sale and baked goods for sale during the auction itself.
6. Volunteer to help behind the scenes during the auction. This is a GREAT way to support this fundraiser, even if you don’t have extra money to spend on purchases or a ticket. We will need MANY adults to lend a hand to make the evening a success. We will need adult helpers to...
· Help in the kitchen
· Help at Auction Stations (Bakery, Candy Shop, Certificate Wall, etc.)
· Assist with data entry and items processing
· Provide childcare for our youngest guests (infant to Pre-K)
· “Clean as We Go” during the auction.
· Tear down and clean up after the event