The Cornerstone Christian School 2017-2018 athletic season will begin with a Varsity Soccer practice/team meeting on Monday, August 21 from 3:00 PM-5:30 PM. The location of the practice is still to be determined.
Immediately following this practice, a mandatory concussion protocol meeting will be held at CCS. ALL student athletes and at least one parent must participate in a concussion information and protocol session prior to any participation. Participation in this information session is a yearly requirement.
To participate in the Varsity Soccer program students must fulfill the following requirements.
- Students must be enrolled in The Cornerstone Christian School. If participating as a homeschooler, the student must be enrolled as a homeschooler through CCS administration. (A registration fee is also required of homeschoolers.)
- Students must be in Grades 8-12. (Grade 8 student participation at the varsity level will be determined by the athletic staff.)
- Students must be in good academic standing (not on academic probation).
- Students MUST have the CCS athletic medical history and permission form completed and submitted to the athletic director prior to the first practice. This form includes a current physician signature. (The form must be signed by a physician after June 1, 2017. Absolutely no exceptions can be made). PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS FORM.
- Students MUST have paid the pay-to play fee prior to the first practice. The pay-to-play fee for 2017-2018 is $250.00 per athlete per varsity sport.
- All athletes must commit to the rules and guidelines for practice, sportsmanship, work ethic, Christian character, and conduct as outlined by the athletic department and school administration.
- Varsity basketball will begin on November 6. It is not too early to obtain physicals and physicians' signatures.
Again this year, the varsity soccer team will be coached by Mr. Keith Press. (Mr. Brian Sullivan will begin the season in Mr. Press's initial absence.) During August, Coach Press will contact interested players regarding workouts and team guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at email@example.com or 860-748-5643 (cell).