The Manchester Fire Department and a few minion friends visited CCS to share about fire safety. The students enjoyed the skits and videos that highlighted these important reminders:
- Be sure to have a working smoke detector on every floor of your home AND in every bedroom.
- Establish emergency exit routes for each room of your home and practice fire drills.
- Routinely test your smoke detectors and replace the batteries once each year.
- Establish a meeting place where your family can meet during an emergency.
- When clothing catches on fire - Stop, Drop & Roll!
Later Mrs. Cochran, our Kindergarten teacher, took a trip up..up...up in the fire truck's bucket! The students had an opportunity to check out the tools on the fire truck and to visit with Smokey the Bear!